Welcome!

Follow me every step of my journey across America, 'wwoofing' on ranches and farms to explore what life is like for those who choose to live a little bit different than we do.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I made it!

Howdy!


So I made it to Tennessee just fine, but I haven't been able to get my internet working until just now. Plus, it only works in a certain spot on a bench that is far away from my trailer, so I wont be able to write as much as I had planned. But I did make it here to Tennessee just fine, and I have been riding horses ever since! We have very long days here, usually 12 hours. We are up at 7 and sometimes outside by 7, and we get done around 7pm sometimes. But it is really fun, and never feels like work. I have been learning a ton about horses and how to handle them and train them. Joey is a ranch hand here, and he knows a lot about horses and their care. He is very nice and friendly and always answers my questions when I ask. Bo is the main ranch hand, and he knows everything there is to know about horses. He also does all the vet care for the animals here. We have horses, mules, donkeys, German Shepherds, peacocks, quails, guinea fowl and chickens. There is a lot to do here, and we always stay busy. I have been riding horses a lot, especially on trails. We ride over rocks and up and down hills a lot. We also ride the horses in an arena so they get used to obstacles that they would encounter on trails.

We usually have campfires every night and all of us wwoofers and ranch hands hang out and talk. It is really fun and I am having a great time here.

I wont be able to post every day because we are so busy and I dont have a stable internet connection, but I will post some pictures as soon as I can!


Miss you all!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment