Welcome!

Follow me every step of my journey across America, 'wwoofing' on ranches and farms to explore what life is like for those who choose to live a little bit different than we do.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Howdy Y'all

Well, it is almost time for me to leave Georgia. I am leaving on Tuesday morning, and I am ready to go. I love it here, and wish I could have stayed longer, but it is time for me to head back home. I miss family and friends and my own bed! And I miss the beach! I have been having a great time out here, and know that I will be back again some day. But I am looking forward to seeing Spencer soon! And my Grandfather and my Mom! Our little trip to Austin is going to be so much fun. I cant wait.

So lately around here I have just been riding horses, playing with dogs and doing some work around the ranch. It is so hot during the afternoon that we cant work outside, so we have to work in the morning and evening. But in the evening you get eaten alive by bugs, so it makes it difficult. I have been working a lot with one Tennessee Walker named Georgia Belle, and she is doing really well now. She had no manners and was completely untrained when I first got on her, but now she walks great and listens really well too. I love riding horses around here. I ride around to the lake and through the woods and it is so nice. I wish I had room at my house for a horse.

I tried homemade peach ice cream, and it was the best thing I have ever tasted! I dont even like ice cream, but that stuff was amazing! Along with sweet tea and red velvet cake (the real stuff) I am pretty much in heaven here.

But not much new is happening. I am leaving here and picking up Spencer in Little Rock on Tuesday evening, so I will be driving all day on Tuesday. It is about a 10 hour drive from here to Little Rock. Then on Friday we are driving from Arkansas to Austin, Texas to pick up my mom. So a lot more driving is ahead of me, but it means I am closer to getting home so I am excited.


I will talk to you all soon! See you in Arkansas!

This is a 2 day old foal. She can barely stand because she doesn't have any balance 


This is Hamlet, our little pot bellied pig. 


A grave marker at Rose Hill Cemetery in Macon, Georgia

Rose Hill Cemetery


Sea Nettle Jellyfish at the Georgia Aquarium

Whale Shark in a 2 million gallon tank. He weighs about 40,000 pounds and is over 15 feet long. He is still a baby

Large Manta Rays
-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment