Welcome!

Follow me every step of my journey across America, 'wwoofing' on ranches and farms to explore what life is like for those who choose to live a little bit different than we do.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting Closer

I have made my final plans for when I am leaving California and heading to Montana. I am leaving here on February 28th and heading to Utah first to visit a friend. I will be in Provo, Utah until Thursday, March 3rd, and then drive up to Montana. I will arrive in Montana on Thursday night, and stay there for the rest of the arranged time, until May. My muck boots arrived in the mail today! I also got my gloves for working on the ranch, and my boots were a little big, but they fit for the most part. I will probably be wearing socks because it will be so cold in Montana, so the boots should fit fine. My gloves fit too; I got everything from Bass Pro Shop. I found some shirts for wearing while working on the ranch and the farm. They are little boys t-shirts, so I stocked up because I am going to get really muddy and need tons of shirts to wear. I am still looking for jeans, but they are hard to find that fit me right. Either always too short or too big, but never long and small enough in the right way. I am still looking, and hopefully I find enough pairs before I leave. I really dont want to wear my nice jeans on the ranch! I still need to have my truck smog checked before I can get my registration tags, which are due in March of course, so I have to get all that done before I leave. And I have to have a tune-up on my truck, replace tires and windshield wipers, fluids and a bunch of other small things. And I need to pack, and get all my food together for while I am traveling. I have been researching a bunch of bars and line dancing clubs in Nashville, because I really really want to find some great dancing spots. I dont have fun at the country bars here in So Cal so it will be nice to find a legitimate place to dance and actually meet quality, nice, genuine people. But I am not getting my hopes up, so I just want to go out and explore and see what happens. I just want to leave already, but its still too cold and icy for me to drive comfortably, so I am waiting it out a little bit longer. Six months is long enough to be gone, so I can wait another month at least. Still working on my to do list, so it is keeping me busy until I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment